Subject: [Leica] OT: Palpal scam
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue Jan 25 00:02:51 2005

I think ebay is filling with crooks. When one imagines how many
criminals there are in societies which have controls and police it is
no surprise that the internet, which have neither, is going to be
effected.
Over the last few months plenty of eastern european criminals seem to
have discovered ebay. They are trying to control this I am sure but I
think it risks being swamped. I certainly take more care than I did.
Also, I now search using the UK only condition. Nevertheless pretty
well every hit on cameras and memory cards turns out to be from Hong
Kong or USA. How do they do that?
I always investigated every sellers feedback in depth but now I hardly
use it, too many ripoffs.
Frank

Message from jdos2 at mindspring.com (Jeff Sumner) ([Leica] OT: Palpal scam)