Subject: [Leica] Scanning software bum-out
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Jan 24 17:16:22 2005

At 05:09 PM 1/24/2005, you wrote:

>Is that how it usually is for scanning software? That for every scanner you
>want to use it with you buy it from scratch?

You have to choose your software wisely, Mark.  Lasersoft is unbelievably
expensive.  I started out with it but after the first upgrade, gave
up.  Everybody else raves about Vuescan, but I've never been able to get
past the non-intuitive interface. I'm doing fine with Nikon Scan that comes
with the scanner.  All you need is a basic scan, focused where you want
it.  Everything else can and should be done in Photoshop.  A basic scan is
what you need to save as an archive for when they come out with better
processing software.  All of the adjustments can be done after the basic
scan and saved as another file.  Who knows when they will come out with
better software for the adjustments and you don't want to have to scan
everything all over again!

Basic scans with native scanner software.  Just say No to upgrades.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com