Subject: [Leica] Scanning software bum-out
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Tue Jan 25 11:18:51 2005

>>Is that how it usually is for scanning software? That for every scanner
>>you
>>want to use it with you buy it from scratch?
>
> You have to choose your software wisely, Mark.  Lasersoft is unbelievably
> expensive.  I started out with it but after the first upgrade, gave up.
> Everybody else raves about Vuescan, but I've never been able to get past
> the non-intuitive interface. I'm doing fine with Nikon Scan that comes
> with the scanner.  All you need is a basic scan, focused where you want
> it.  Everything else can and should be done in Photoshop.  A basic scan is
> what you need to save as an archive for when they come out with better
> processing software.  All of the adjustments can be done after the basic
> scan and saved as another file.  Who knows when they will come out with
> better software for the adjustments and you don't want to have to scan
> everything all over again!
>
> Basic scans with native scanner software.  Just say No to upgrades.
>
> Tina
>

> Tina Manley, ASMP
> www.tinamanley.com
>

> http://www.pdiphotos.com
> http://www.workbookstock.com
> http://www.newscom.com
> http://www.americanphotojournalist.com

The Vuescan interface has improved a lot.The reason I changed to Vuescan
from Nikon scan was that i learnt on this list that nikon scan allways drops
some dark tones .I,m happy with the raw scans vuescan can use.
best regards
simon jessurun
amsterdam

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Scanning software bum-out)