Subject: [Leica] A $2000 paperweight: the hindenburg leica rides again
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue Jan 25 06:16:22 2005

Yes indeedie, I did buy the hindenburg leica a couple years back:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/hindenburg1.jpg
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/hindenburg2.jpg

It was actually an M4J some poor sap left in the wrong place at the wrong
time.

I made it into a pinhole camera which took an extrordinarily long time to
shoot because the thing is a light sive and needed to be wrapped completely
in tin foil. It also took really lousy photos, but I was able to say I
ressurected it. I have the pix around somewhere, but they're not really
worth digging up.

It's been largely retired now and spends its days on the bookshelf, with my
other M's.

Kc