Subject: [Leica] Doomed:now Zeiss Wetzlar
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 03:27:55 2005

In a message dated 1/26/2005 12:15:48 AM Central Standard Time,
Grduprey@aol.com writes:
In a message dated 1/25/2005 9:16:15 AM Central Standard Time,
bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:
As someone suggested to me off-list last night -
what if Zeiss acquired Leica. Talk about synergy.
BD

One of the ironic things I saw when in Germany last month, was when I was in
Wetzlar.  There was this huge building in the business district with the
company name - Zeiss.  In Leica's home town.

gene

Yes they have been there a while. Leitz is only one of several optical
companies in Wetzlar.

http://www.hensoldt.de/english/default.asp

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish