Subject: [Leica] Vuescan
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Jan 27 00:17:03 2005

> I've printed out all of the manual, but before I start experimenting has
> anybody got any tips or suggestions to make this easier?

Tina,

Go in to "color" (one of the tabs) and look at the histogram. Move the
sliders for the highlights and the shadows so that they are right at the
end tips of the histogram. It does a pretty good job of doing this anyway,
so you might not have to do much. You can tell by looking at the bottom
histogram if anything is needed.

For b/w I use two film settings: Tmax100 or Tmax400 at .55 with D76 (I use
xtol and it's a good match). Tmax100 settings will give you a darker scan.

There's not much else that I do. I adjust the frame in the preview to scan
the whole shot and then push scan.

Best,
Daniel