Subject: [Leica] Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x
From: joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low)
Date: Thu Jan 27 14:11:12 2005

             Planned obsolescence is another way of looking at your view of
consumerism.

             This "planned obsolescence" was introduced by the Japanese
after WW II and in

             their onslaught of the mass market - witness the rapid
succession of improved

             models or Mark II of major items they sold from automobiles to
cameras, electronic

             apparatus, TV etc etc

             With planned obsolescence - it became fashionable to throw and
buy new and with

            this fad - the death knell of repairmen was sounded.

             In the world of Leicas - we are fortunate to have the DAGs, the
Sherry Krauters & Malcolm

             Taylors as repairmen of yore - but here you must agree - they
are a dying breed.

             Joseph