Subject: [Leica] What is the best non ttl flash to use?
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Sat Jan 29 10:35:58 2005

> I am looking for a non ttl flash for my R-D1. I am looking for it to be
> fully manual in setting but also have a very good sensor to be used in
> auto mode.   If someone has experience or knowledge I would greatly
> appreciate the passing of the wisdom.
> Thanks,
> Chris

I don't know if they're still being made now but the best all around flash
I've ever used on my Leicas is the Vivitar 2800.  It is powerful enough, has
a manual setting as well as two useful auto modes and will work either with
a hot shoe or PC cord. The best thing about it though, is that it 's head
tilts and you can use it foe bounce flash if you have the right ceiling.

They can be had used for chump change or they might be still available new.
I have two.

JB

Message from driggett at mac.com (Christopher Driggett) ([Leica] Epson R-D1 first full day impressions.)
Message from driggett at mac.com (Christopher Driggett) ([Leica] What is the best non ttl flash to use?)