Subject: [Leica] New: Leicaflex SL and Leica R lens page
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Jan 31 03:12:51 2005

Hello all,
I just put a first version Summicron-R 35/2 (1975) on my SL, no problems
with
infinity focus at all, with the body open and shutter at B you can see that
the
light baffle at the lower right (seen from the back) doesn't come into
contact
with , or obscure anything in the camera innards when set to infinity. I
couldn't find any references to this "problem" in any of my books either.

Is it possible that there were different versions of the "first version" with
a different size of baffle?

Laney does however mention, in the Leica Collectors Guide, that the Summilux
35/1,4 will work only on SL2 and the R-series of bodies.
Douglas