Subject: [Leica] PAW 4 - 2005 - Lee Hermann
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Tue Feb 1 08:07:40 2005

Lee,

There's nothing wrong with using cheap film and scanning for non-crucial
stuff, but at least give the Fuji Superia emulsions a try...it's still
cheap consumer film, but I think the results are a lot nicer than kodak gold.

Most of my recent PAWs have ended up being shot on Fuji Superia XTra 400
and scanned on a noritsu machine that's probably pretty similar to what
your Walmart has...speed helps when doing a PAW.  I then rescan at home
anything I want to print.

There are other emulsions I like better, but I can't afford to always shoot
$5/roll film...I save those for special occasions.

Oh, and I order film from B&H...much cheaper.

Best,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] PAW 4 - 2005 - Lee Hermann)
Message from lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann) ([Leica] PAW 4 - 2005 - Lee Hermann)