Subject: [Leica] PAW 4 - 2005 - Lee Hermann
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Feb 1 09:56:45 2005

There is one thing VERY wrong with using cheap film, or with shooting
with a cute little digital with 1 or 2 mgp - and that is that you never
know when you will be called upon to capture the image of a life-time.
If you capture it on crappy film, or with so few megapixels that you
can't ever crop it or get a good sized print out of it, well, that's
life.

If it makes sense to always carry a camera - and if you've thought it
worthwhile to invest in a Leica in the first place, doesn't it make
sense to always use film you'll be satisfied with, or the digital
equivalent?

Finally,since it's "dump on Lee day," :-) , I'll add one thing to Ted's
rant.....And that is, why take a 'sneaky' photo of someone eating,
reading the paper, picking their nose, if there isn't something really
special about what's in the frame? Does the world need another photo of
another person reading? Perhaps it would - had there been a sign behind
his head saying "No Reading," Or a sign saying "Paris School For The
Blind" - Okay, I'm being foolish, but hopefully you get the point. A
photo that isn't an abstract, should be ABOUT something.

But as Ted said, you are shooting - and I'll add, you are seeing - and
that's important.

B. D.