Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW#6: Candlelight
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Mon Feb 7 09:02:57 2005

Daniel...it should be obvious that pulling out an M2 is the best way to end
up with candlelight and a pretty woman!  ;)

You may also be glad to hear that I shot some variations of this with my
Rolleicord, which seemed pleased to be allowed to participate, but this is
the only photo from the shoot that my wife is comfortable with me posting
on-line, so you'll have to take my word for it!

I think the HC110 time I posted is actually from Kodak's specs...I admit
I'm not a big tester...I usually try something and then do nothing more
than maybe next time adding/removing 30 secs or changing the agitation if I
wasn't entirely happy the last time.  Not really formal testing, but that's
the most I can handle, I'm afraid.  With this combo, I was happy the first
time, so I stuck with it.

The full details are:  HC110 1+31 at 68F, 5.5mins (starting when all of the
dev is in the can, and start pouring out 15 sec early so the stop hits the
film right at 5.5mins).  Gentle inverse/spin agitation the first 30secs,
then 5secs out of every 30secs, skipping the last one.  As you say,
something to start with, anyway.

Best,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW#6: Candlelight)