Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW#6: Candlelight
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Feb 7 23:52:07 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Aaron Sandler wrote:

> Daniel...it should be obvious that pulling out an M2 is the best way to end
> up with candlelight and a pretty woman!  ;)

You're waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy ahead of me :) (I hear Hasselblads work well
too)

> I think the HC110 time I posted is actually from Kodak's specs...I admit
> I'm not a big tester...

No, neither am I. But with the new Tri-X Kodak is publishing something
like 3 3/4 minutes at 68F. That just can't be right. But at the same time
I've been afraid to start out higher with something I care about because
HC110 really kicks in and 5-6 minutes is a big difference from 3 3/4. I
haven't had anything to run through that I was willing to scrap if it was
way off.

Now for that Rolleicord ... same wife, nice window lighting and the
aperture around 5.6, get as close as you can and focus carefully. Nice
creamy portraits. She'll keep smiling at you every time you pick up the
camera :-)

Best,
Daniel

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW#6: Candlelight)