Subject: [Leica] Which 35mm 'cron or 'lux?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Feb 10 14:48:48 2005

Carl Muckenhirn  asked:

> With modern emulsions, TMY, TMZ, Portra 800, is the extra stop of the
> Summilux worth the weight and added cost?<<<<<<<<

Hi Carl,

Yep absolutely if you're using a Leica, fast glass every time. All the time!

My choice of lenses for 50 years has always been fastest first!  Makes life
very easy because you just say... "I'll take the fastest they have, thank
you!" And out the door to rock the world of light and definitely " available
darkness!" ;-)

An example because you pointed out fast film.

Imagine the kinds of pictures you get using a Noctilux at f1.0 and 3200
film? Like if your shutter speed is 1/15th at f 1.0 for correctly exposed
film? Man that's really available darkness. But dang you get pictures others
wouldn't take the camera out of the bag without using a flash! ;-)

ted