Subject: [Leica] Re: Which Week 6 should I use?
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Thu Feb 17 17:29:15 2005

> In a message dated 2/17/2005 6:13:15 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> ricc@mindspring.com writes:
>
> I've also been out of the people photo  business long enough now that I
> need to get back in the groove of it. For  me, comfortably taking
> pictures of strangers takes some practice -- or is it  desensitization?
> Spring should help with that.
>
> Help me decide on A or  B?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ric
> Clearly B is the better choice over the  two.  You really need  to
> look at
> GeeBee's Stranger's Gallery He  intoduces it thusly:  36 Total
> Strangers
>
> "Very few of my shots have  people in them and this point was noted by
> Kyle
> Cassidy. I waffled some excuse  about British reserve and Kyle???s
> solution was
> to set me a project where I had to  get 36 shots (1 roll of film -
> remember
> film?) of total strangers. The theory  being that it would cure me
> once and for
> all of my personal discomfort at the  prospect of sticking a camera in
> strangers face. He laid down some rules on  equipment (no telephoto
> lenses) and
> location (no parades) and with these in mind  I loaded a roll of film
> and set out
> on the project. One roll of film proved to  be a little over
> optimistic and it
> took me eighteen months to get all thirty six  :-)"
>
> _http://www.geebeephoto.com/Strangers/index.html_
> (http://www.geebeephoto.com/Strangers/index.html)
>
> Stop sniping Ric. Get after it. We don't want to see any more
> flagstones
> from you!  ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Sonny

Thanks, Sonny--

I've started working out of it. The main city bus terminal in Raleigh
has lots of folks, I've been working there a little in the last couple
of weeks to get back.

I like GeeBee's Stranger's Gallery idea, so I think I'll start a
similar gallery for my "going out party." I agree with GeeBee though,
that one roll is no cure, only a start.

I'll promise you the start on a strangers gallery by the end of next
week.

Thanks

ric

> From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Which Week 6 should I use?
> To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
>
> Both nice, I'd probably go with the "human", though the paving is
> somewhat ordinary: nothing beats potholes in nature's paving:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album103/PAWextra037

Thanks, Firkin--

You must have been in quite a rut to shoot that one ;-)

Thanks

ric