Subject: [Leica] FLOG!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Feb 19 21:05:39 2005

 Kyle Cassidy offered:
>> Actually, I think I had a nice and insiteful post about what I thought
>> was
>> going to happen to the lug a couple years back as everybody (most
>> everybody,
>> sorry) drifted away. Someone can track it down if they feel like it, but
>> the
>> gist of it is that we're not just here because of leica cameras -- this
>> group of people is special and will continue to be special long after the
>> last one of us has shot his or her last frame of film.
>>
>> You're a wonderful bunch of people. Whatever you're shooting with. You've
>> invited me into your homes, bought me beer, let me crash on your sofa's,
>> taught me, laughed at me, and been my good friends for something like six
>> years now.<<<,,,

Hi Kyle,
I don't think it could be said any better about the motley crew flying the
good ship LUG!!

Like you, I've made friends, true friends whom I know without a doubt, if
I'm in a bad situation they'd bail me out, come to my rescue, whatever. And
they know I'd reciprocate in a heart beat. It's this part of the LUG that
really makes it worth while. Sure the camera stuff is great, the vast
knowledge of experts, professionals, a padre or two, why we've got the best
dang crew in the world for advise, support when we're down, sympathy due to
misfortune or family loss.

And all because a fellow by the name of Brian Reid wanted to talk to a bunch
of Leica users!  ;-) I bet at the beginning he had no idea what it would
evolve into and the friendships it would create. Thanks Brian.

ted

Replies: Reply from mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] FLOG!)
Message from jefferys at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] FLOG!)