Subject: [Leica] Re:QUIET M7
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sun Feb 20 08:43:17 2005

For what it's worth, I think it's not only the noise level that counts,
but the actual sound being
made. We are conditioned to associate certain sounds with actions,
objects etc. When people
think of the sound that a camera makes, it probably is the clich? SLR
noise you hear in every
movie or that is used in digital point and shoot cameras. A Leica M,
LTM or Rollei TLR doesn't sound
anything like that and often will not trigger a reaction, even if it is
clearly heard. I have quite often
fired my M only feet from some ones head and it was clearly audible,
but they never batted an eye.
I can't say the same about any SLR I have ever owned.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Re:QUIET M7)