Subject: [Leica] chemicals and computer screen?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Feb 20 11:15:35 2005

Tina Manley said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] chemicals and computer screen?

> Ted -
>
> One of the reasons I switched to digital was headaches in the darkroom!
> After many years of working in the darkroom - always well-ventilated with
> a powerful fan - , I began to get headaches after about half an hour.  The
> time until the headaches started kept getting shorter and shorter until I
> could only spend about 10 minutes in there before I would get splitting
> headaches and have to stop.  I think it must be a cumulative thing and I
> hate to think what it has done to my liver over the years -  worse than
> the Lagavulin, I'm sure!!<

Hi Tina,
Well I can sure handle a Lagavulin headache much easier than this past
couple of days in "chemical hang over!" :-(

The time factor was almost immediate as we started working over the chemical
sink and I had to leave after a few minutes, go outside to "Get a breath or
two of fresh air." Never happened in all these years and I've had to work in
what I called "deadly darkrooms!" In those cases it was a joke comment.
However?

Maybe it wasn't such a joking thing after all and it's something showing up
after a lengthy time out and now time back in. So it means we have to do
something in venting more and time in the dark to get out for breaks
quicker. I can't imagine wearing masks in the darkroom, but then? Who knows
maybe we should have been doing that all alone?

Thanks for your comments, good to know I'm not alone.
ted

Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (douglas.sharp@gmx.de) ([Leica] Another FLUGing reason to hate Canon.)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] chemicals and computer screen?)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] chemicals and computer screen?)