Subject: [Leica] PAW 7 dlridings
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Mon Feb 21 07:41:37 2005

Daniel Ridings wrote:
> This is probably one of the last jam sessions for a PAW, but on Sat. I
> shot some Kodak Tmax P3200 (TMZ) rated at 3200. I picked out a shot that
> is comparable to last week's (Ilford HP5+ @ 1600) for comparison. There
> are things I like about Tmax, but given the choice of Tmax or a Summilux,
> in order to gain one more stop ... don't know.
>
> http://www.dlridings.com/paw2005/7.html

Daniel,

You may want to contact LUGer Francois Berton.
(Not sure if Francois is still subscribed).
He shoots a lot of Jazz/blues/theater:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/photos.francois.b/bss.04-1-/index.htm
(there is a lot more elsewhere on on the site)

I know he uses a Noctilux (and does it very well), so it's not
quite the same situation as yours, but it may still be worthwhile
exchanging notes with him regarding film, processing, etc.

Michael Hintlian made a comment about TMZ last week
at  his presentation at MIT, something along the line that
TMZ works best in flat, low light and so so well in higher
contrast.  I thought that was very interesting as I never had
much success with TMZ, and I used to it it mostly in high
contrast, low light.

Too bad your Jazz series is coming to an end; I haven't
had enough of it.

Cheers,

- Phong

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] PAW 7 dlridings)