Subject: [Leica] PAW 7 dlridings
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Feb 21 08:04:24 2005

> Too bad your Jazz series is coming to an end; I haven't
> had enough of it.

thanks Phong. If people don't get bored, there will be more. I enjoy doing
it and have cut out something of a niche there. I'll be there taking
pictures every week anyway. You never know what you'll get.

I'll have to agree that TMZ works best with flat light (low, flat light).
You can almost say the same for Tmax in general. I don't have experience
of the Tmax-100, but the 400 will also go through the roof if the lighting
is too contrasty. In low flat light, though, you can go pretty far with
it.

I process one roll in Xtol (stock), but I was really disappointed by the
results. It was a fresh batch of Xtol, but it really looked thin. There
are two shots from the session with it

http://www.dlridings.com/jam/050219/pages/05v07-0043.html

and

http://www.dlridings.com/jam/050219/pages/05v07-0039.html

"Nja" (that Swedish for saying "no" and "yes" at the same time). Maybe
it's not as bad as I thought.

Everything else was HC110. That's some pretty reliable goo. I can't say
much about anything else, but it is just reliable. I like that.

I'll check out the other stuff. I'm starting to like this and one thing is
leading to another. My problem is time. I'm too old to run around with
marginal minutes. I never get to sleep away a Sat afternoon on the soffa
anymore :-)

Best,
Daniel

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: jazz photos (WAS: PAW 7 dlridings))