Subject: [Leica] Re: Porsche and Leica
From: cwoods8 at peoplepc.com (cwoods)
Date: Tue Feb 22 15:22:50 2005

The idea of Porsche buying Leica is intriguing to me, and perhaps something
Leica needs. After all, even Mr. Porsche himself designed a product
(admittedly under unfortunate circumstances) for "the people:" the VW Bug.
If Porsche were to take over Leica maybe they could develop a line of
cameras for us "bug" drivers. So far, they've left it up to Mr. Cosina, and
after reading the most recent issue of LFI, Leica does not seem to have any
plans of joining Mr. Cosina. Which is disappointing. I do know one thing,
however, I cannot afford a Porsche at present, even if it is a Boxster! :) I
drive a New Beetle. So, I suppose I am driving the Voigtlander of German
cars? :)
all best,
chris

PeoplePC Online