Subject: [Leica] My PAW number 7
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Feb 28 17:29:55 2005

I like the deep black background and the contrasty nature of the
image. But it gets soft on the left side and that betrays you, I
think. It's either all soft or all sharp UNLESS there had been
something in the person's expression that made you want to have it
soft. But in this one it doesn't quite work.

Shooting with a lens near fully open is a real challenge in these
situations and takes a special awareness with a rangefinder - but hey,
it's an art!

Still, I like very much the way you're thinking and I'd be proud to
have framed it as you did.

Adam

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] My PAW number 7)