Subject: [Leica] Changing face of photoraphy
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Mar 4 18:00:00 2005

I agree with B.D. (again...OMG) but I'll add this - the cost of
digital is in the photographer's time after the shoot. It's in
downloading, sorting, converting from RAW, categorizing, etc etc. It
takes a while....even with the automated tools that Photoshop offers.
I think the cost per final image in terms of time is on a par with
doing ALL the darkroom work yourself. And adds to it the overhead of
dealing with those digital iamges.

I don't keep all my digital images. I've decided that the losers are
going on the floor. The OK ones I'm keeping, the winners clearly
keeping.

The gain in digital is in the learning curve. Leaning a new camera?
Shoot a LOT! Hey the electroncs are cheap. It's cheaper than film. But
as you shift into production I'd submit that the costs are about the
same but more of it is in my TIME than in dollars. Which is okay for
me now.In a production shop that increase in time could be expensive.

And, of course, the ultimate goal is THINKING and SEEING and
attempting to make every image count. But I WILL bracket even more
than I have been in the past.

Thanks for listening.

Adam