Subject: [Leica] Changing face of photoraphy
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Mar 4 19:08:35 2005

At 09:05 PM 3/4/2005, you wrote:
>I agree with B.D. (again...OMG) but I'll add this - the cost of
>digital is in the photographer's time after the shoot. It's in
>downloading, sorting, converting from RAW, categorizing, etc etc.

I do all that and it's still much faster than developing film, editing on a
light box, mounting individual frames, scanning, labeling, and then
sorting, categorizing, filing both as digital and actual frames, burned to
DVDs, etc.  Digital is there in the computer and has to be edited, put in
folders, filed with Portfolio and burned to DVDs.  The processing time in
PhotoShop is shorter for digital because I don't have examine at 100% for
dust and scratches.  Everybody complains about processing time after the
shoot for digital, but I'm sure if they'd compare, the time for film would
actually be longer to reach the same archive.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Message from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Changing face of photoraphy)