Subject: [Leica] Re: StreetPhotography with Digital? (OT?)
From: alex at vanhulsenbeek.com (ViaDia)
Date: Sat Mar 5 05:13:02 2005

During a visit to Sri Lanka in December 2004,  that turned out somewhat
differently than expected, I lost my Leica M7 plus all my lenses in the
tsunami. (My good old M6HM still sits proudly on a shelf at home, and a nice
2nd hand "last before ASPH" 35 mm is coming to make it whole).

In the meanwhile, after some soulsearching, I decided that investing all
anew in Leica at the present is not best idea for me, having gone digital
already for all other photo stuff. So I bought a Canon 20D with some lenses,
and I am am still studying its dizzying array of possibilities.

Did some street testing however and found to my present surprise that the
20D is so fast that Leica-like street photography is not something
exclusively of the analogue past. Here is an URL to two pictures, nothing
special, just some snaps, that however do not make me regret my decision.

So which camera to take out...............?

Amsterdam is now covered in snow, which has not happened, I think since Kyle
was here. Seems ages!

http://www.vanhulsenbeek.com/snow/snow.htm

Sander van Hulsenbeek
Amsterdam
Holland

Website: www.vanhulsenbeek.com
Pictures: Brazil, Argentina, Mongolia and more!

!

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Re: StreetPhotography with Digital? (OT?))
Reply from s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Re: StreetPhotography with Digital? (OT?))