Subject: [Leica] Re: Is that so wrong?
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sat Mar 5 13:04:29 2005

I just consider this to be a logical and unstoppeable evolution.
There will be a phase where both will be put next to one other (the
interbellum, in which we find ourselves now), and after a while classical
photography will be considered as an ancient technique which involves a
certain craftsmanship that should be respected. We will love the retro feel
of it.
And, as you say, we will judge those photographs seperately from the new
style ones. But those latter ones will be still called photographs.
Meanwhile our eyes will adjust to the new techniques. And they will become
the new reality.
Remember how state of the art the first Jurassic Park was? Look at it again.
It's outdated.
The same thing is happening to photography ATM (IMO).