Subject: [Leica] Was a post from someone who didn't read the guidelines
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Mar 6 07:46:24 2005

the people that break these rules have, generally,  never been heard from
before they do their posting.  The problem is that they want to sell
something, are NOT part of our community, do not read nor care to know the
rules, and as the MOST important fact, they disappear immediately, never
reading the rules nor the insults hurled at them.  The other side of this
coin is that the members of the community have to read or at least be
subjected to all the moronic posts decrying the 1 post that offended them.

The real fact is that it happens rarely enough that rather than spend 1000
posts to decry the 1 email poster, better to just plain use the delete key.
It is less bother to us all.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Brian,

Maybe a link to the FAQ on the message footer as well as the usual
mailman stuff? Or perhaps a link to the FAQ on mailman in the area to
subscribe?

I'm not saying people would actually read it but we could at least
more easily refer someone who posts this sort of thing to the FAQ
instead of saying - "didn't you read that message that was buried in
with another 100 messages the other day?"