Subject: [Leica] Back from Hamburg
From: jorg.willems at pp.inet.fi (Jörg Willems)
Date: Sun Mar 6 08:21:14 2005

Two weeks ago Kati and I spent 10 days in Hamburg, Germany, to see family,
old friends and my beloved city.

On Saturday we made a trip to Berlin by the new high speed train:

 <http://gallery.leica-users.org/Hamburg-Berlin>
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Hamburg-Berlin  (M6, 21 mm old version)

This was quite an experience.  Around 10 minutes after we left Hamburg main
rail road station (Hauptbahnhof) and still in the outer suburb of the city I
was wondering when the train would speed up.  Then I noticed the overhead
display: 228 km/h (142 mph).  After 90 minutes we arrived in Berlin.  Before
the fall of the Berlin wall this trip took 5 hours or more, depending on the
mood of the boarder controls.

Back in S??ksm?ki we enjoy a wonderful, typical Finnish winter (sunshine,
dark blue sky and clean snow) and made a walk through the neighborhood.

 <http://tinyurl.com/6k3om> http://tinyurl.com/6k3om

Comments always welcome.

J?rg

jorg.willems@pp.inet.fi