Subject: [Leica] Help with bw printer decision
From: rzartarian at snet.net (Roy Zartarian)
Date: Sun Mar 13 12:51:23 2005

Dave:

Until the print head died, I used Ultratones in an Espon 1280 for b&w
printing on both matte and lustre surfaces.  Now I use the Ultratone
photo black, matte black and light black in a 2200 along with the
Ultrachrome inks in the rest of the slots.  I can do both color and b&w
(with the Harrington Quadtone RIP) on the 2200 with this inkset.  From
the start I've been very happy with the b&w output these inks produce.

In your case, the Epson drivers can be used along with a special set of
curves designed for the inks and available at the MIS web site.  There
is a section on the 3000 and related printers at:
http://www.inksupply.com/utfs1160.cfm

Hope this helps

Roy

Replies: Reply from drodgers7798 at comcast.net (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Help with bw printer decision)