Subject: [Leica] Re: Advice needed on 35mm lens for Leica M
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 13 23:27:45 2005

In a message dated 3/13/2005 8:41:14 PM Central Standard Time,
feli2@earthlink.net writes:
On Mar 13, 2005, at 4:36 PM, Colin Yastrzebski wrote:
> To those of you who value sharpness above most
> other things, the ASPH lenses will be just fine.
> But above all else, I use Leica because I want
> the Leica "look" - the glow, the bokeh, the
> micro-contrast - and in this focal length, only
> the pre-ASPH Summicron does it for me.

So, how did you like the Summilux pre-ASPH?

Feli

Well the one I bought last week in So. Calif. seems very nice.  Wide open is
it a bit soft compared to stopping it down a spot or two.  Sharpness when
stopped down one or two clicks is excellent in my opinion.  Have not noticed
any
flare for which it is notorius for, according to Putts and others on the LUG
have pointed out.  I have noticed the Leica Glow in it though, under the
right
conditions.  ;-)  I found the test roll I had miss placed when unpacking
Thursday night, and will scan a few examples tomorrow and get them posted.
A bit
pricey, but it was NOS and a Titanium version with full warrenty papers.  I
guess it was on the back of the shelf these years. ;-)  Focus was a bit
stiff at
first but is just about perfect now.  It is a very compact lens, much
smaller
than I had thought it should be.

Gene