Subject: [Leica] Crazy idea? Getting a photography degree
From: driggett at mac.com (Christopher Driggett)
Date: Sat Mar 19 11:21:50 2005

Ted,
        That is great that you had such a wonderful wife. I hope you are
taking good care of her now that she is in her retirement.  My wife
also has the hardest job in the world staying home and taking care of
our three kids.

When I was a senior in H.S. I thought about a career in
photojournalism. I worked for a weekly newspaper and the
publisher/editor thought that I had it in my blood and would do it as a
career. But I chickened out and became an engineer. I equated being a
successful photojournalist to being a successful actor. One in a
million shot.  Now that I think about I should have gone for it but
then I would not have met my wife or have three wonderful kids.

My advise would be when your are young go after your heart's desire
before your practical life has taken root.

Cheers,
Chris