Subject: [Leica] Got grit if you wan'it, Bill
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Mar 28 11:58:59 2005

The weeks blues shots start here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Louice-jam-sessions/05v12_0023
(Ilford Delta 3200 @ 1600 in HC110)

Bill, I know I said I'd never shoot film at 6400 ... but I did. I had
two rolls left of the film I pick up from Nathan and decided I'd never
know if I didn't try. I processed it in DD-X for a minute and a half
longer than what Ilford suggests (I went with 13.5 minutes). The last
six shots are at 6400. My favorites are:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Louice-jam-sessions/05v12_0034
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Louice-jam-sessions/05v12_0036

Maybe this one too, but I'd need to work on it ...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Louice-jam-sessions/05v12_0033

All done with an M2 with either a 50 or a 90. When I went up to 6400 I
stopped down rather than go with a faster shutter. Focusing while these
people truck across the stage is tough. I appreciate any depth of field
I can get.

What do you think? Does 6400 hold up?

Daniel

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Got grit if you wan'it, Bill)