Subject: [Leica] Macro Comparison Leica v. Yashica
From: pwerner at bluewin.ch (Peter Werner)
Date: Tue Apr 12 13:16:38 2005

IMHO The Macro-Elmar 4/100mm is one of the poorest Leica lenses. I get
much better results with the 2.8/60 Macro Elmarit (always on a Canon
20D).

The best macro lens I have used is the 2.8/105 Macro Kiron. It was made
in Nikon AI mount specially for dental macro photo and IMO beats both
the 60mm Macro Elmarit and the 4/100 Elmar. I have never used the 100mm
Apo Elmarit, though; it is supposed to be much better

Cheers
Peter