Subject: [Leica] Series VII Kodak Lens Hood
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Apr 17 15:46:18 2005

Having been perusing books on old Hasselblad stuff I'd noticed the Kodak
lenses and I kind of liked the design of the lens hoods.
In Vancouver BC last week I got this Series VII Kodak Lens Hood for five
bucks which sure looked like the same thing design wise.
It sure cleaned up will with Aluminum comet type cleanser.
    But then so would anything.
The series VII I see is referring to the gap in the hood between the lens
and the hood inside the threads where a thread less Series VII filter would
fit.

My question is on the threads themselves.
Because I'd like to put this hood to use.
Not with my Hasselblads but with something else.

The treads are not Series VII because there is no such thing as series VII
threads I don't think.
The treads appear to be bigger than 55 but smaller than 58 as I try to put
this thing on various lenses.

I'd like to get an adaptor so I could use it with my 58 or even 55mm filter
sized lenses. Like old Nikon AI's or something like that. Or old view camera
lenses. Leica lenses even.

Does anyone know what it is?

Mark Rabiner
Photography