Subject: [Leica] Re: Homeless
From: cwoods8 at peoplepc.com (cwoods)
Date: Tue Apr 19 16:31:13 2005

You are right Feli. And, unfortunately it seems that many of the homeless
are also mentally ill, or at least that's what I have come across as a
social worker. Of course, I suppose I too am to blame in that I've given up
"home visits" for a nice "therapist's couch." I've always had strange
reactions to the photos by the likes of Walker Evans; indeed, such beautiful
pictures, often related to tragic circumstances and poverty. Maybe that's
why I like Friedlander even more? Sociological shots with less tragedy?
Anyway, I still cling to some crazy idealistic notion that perhaps me and my
Leica can help bring about change? Or maybe not. But I sure look darn cool
with my camera! :) I noticed a recent picture of Johnny Depp with (I think)
a Herme's edition MP on his arm...not sure whether to laugh or cry, but as
we say here in Virginia, those Herme's edition cameras are 'dang! expensive!
all best,
chris

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet