Subject: [Leica] Planning for a trip to China - somewhat, but not totally OT
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Tue Apr 19 21:33:57 2005

We are about to go on our first trip to China and Tibet in May/June.
Since I have no experience of China, or of travelling in an organized
commercial tour, I thought I would tap the groups' collective wisdom.

For the curious, my itinerary is here:
http://tinyurl.com/coac6

I am planning to go fully digital:
Nikon D100 with 12-24mm Nikkor
Canon G6
Nikkon 35 F/2 AF for low light situations
maybe the AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm VR (or maybe not)
Between these two cameras I will get coverage from 18 to 140mm (35mm
equivalent)
Delkin eFilm PicturePad (40GB) to store pics

My specific concerns/questions are:
-  Does anyone have any experience with drives like the Delkin at an
altitude of 12,000 ft (3700m). I have heard that they are prone to
headcrashes at high altitudes, Delkin has not answered my question
regarding this yet.
- How easy will it be for me to find foreigner friendly Internet
access? I suspect that the western style hotels may have an office
center that I could use.
- Is there anyone on the list that would like to meet somewhere along the
way?
- Is there anything about local customs that I should be mindful of as
a photographer?

All hints, tips, and ideas welcomed.
--
Clive