Subject: [Leica] OT Nikons new cameras
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Apr 20 22:32:39 2005

Oh, I don't know. I like Nikon. I really enjoy my FM3a and manual
focus Nikkors and appreciate that they make them. My D70 is less of
a love affair (viewfinder), but it's a pretty good camera in many ways.
My g'friend's N80 is a very capable auto-everything camera for the
money, and my SB800 delivers typically great "auto-magic" flash pics
on all of the above.

Any-who, Nikon's declairing their NEF format proprietary is clearly a
snafu, and I imagine/hope they'll see the light soon enough.

As for the 20D, for me at least, it's too soon to take any MPix wars
seriously. I've only had the D70 since last summer.  Sheesh! I'll only
upgrade when there's a reasonably priced DSLR that offers a much larger
pentaprism VF.   I have hopes that Nikon will take their time with the
"D200" and offer AI lens metering support and a nice big VF this time
around. Kind of an "F100 of DSLRs."  We'll see.

Scott