Subject: [Leica] OT Nikons new cameras
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Apr 20 18:13:32 2005

I just received a push email giving a few brief facts on two new Nikon
DSLRs.  There is a new D50 at 6 MP and small and light.  Whoopee, that
is certainly earthshaking revolutionary product.

The second is the D70s also a 6MP camera that at least will shoot 144
consecutive shots at 3fps.  Of course there is an asterisk on that claim
so I am sure there is a card speed and a file size requirement.

Couple that with a price decrease and a rebate on the 20D from Canon,
Nikon's stupidity at trying a proprietary RAW format, and some pretty
aggressive pricing on the Pentax *istD doesn't leave much hope for
Nikon.  Has anybody received their D2x?

0.02

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com