Subject: [Leica] Re:OT Nikons new cameras
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Wed Apr 20 23:06:58 2005

Sounds like a Canon user :)

Come on, the istD may be a great camera but nowhere near the sales of Canon
or Nikon. Whoopee is that the N50 will be the same price as the new Digital
Rebel, but with more features. Sure the Rebel has 8mp, but hardly a
difference between 6 and 8mp.

Nikon's a smaller company that depends on others for CCD's,CMOS chips.
Canon's a giant that would lose nothing if they dumped the photo business.

D2x shipments are doing well from reports I've seen.

Of course it's about time the 20D sees the discontinued racks, it's been
more than 6 months I think.

Cewl thing is now with adapters, my Leica 35/f2 fits on my Nikon D2h, while
using Canon's 16mp CMOS inside. Oops, are we supposed to know that?

Chris