Subject: [Leica] A First
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Thu Apr 21 13:03:03 2005

Of course, we're not importing - or building- reasonably comfortable
high-mileage cars, either.  At 6'-5," buying a car for me is more
like buying a suit of clothes than a transportation device.  Most
cars are definitely not available in XL-Tall!

I just bought a car and the Prius, which I would have dearly loved to
buy, definitely didn't measure up size-wise.

Yet, when I was in England and Scotland last year, I put about 800
miles on a Ford Mondero in fine comfort on all kinds of roads,
including Motorways, and averaged almost 40 mpg.   It can be done,
even with conventional technology.  We're just not doing it, I think
to our shame.

(snip)