Subject: [Leica] Leica M book...A Note of Caution
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Thu Apr 21 13:09:36 2005

A note of caution, Ted.  In most cases and in a majority of climates,
storing paper material in zip-lock bags is just fine.  However, some
items may be damaged by this method, especially if moisture is trapped
in the bag.  For truly precious items, the best storage is an acid-free
fall-back box which closes fairly tight but leaves a wee bit of room for
the paper to expand and contract.  Any good binder can produce these
boxes, custom fit, at a relatively modest cost.  If an item has been
printed on high-acid paper, common from the mid-nineteenth century
through the 1960s, the paper must be de-acidified or else there will be
no way to halt deterioration.

        Buzz