Subject: [Leica] Decloaking - with pixs
From: mitch.zeissler at verizon.net (Mitch Zeissler)
Date: Fri Apr 22 05:59:06 2005

Mark Rabiner wrote:
> Welcome back to the Leica list where the IIIF is widely wildly cherished as
> the most gorgeous and functional camera ever made.
===
Thanks, Mark, though I think most would argue the IIIG to be the epitome
of the Barnack series.

> And where calling a IIIF a "museum piece" would most certainly be a troll
 > of the most classic sort. And were many of us have switched to
 > digital and have most certainly looked back.
===
You should know me well enough by now, Mark, to understand that I don't
troll.  My IIIf doesn't operate consistently without frequent servicing
from Sherry, which is something I can no longer afford to have done.  I
know that others have more reliable examples of 50 year old cameras to
shoot with, but I'm content to just let mine have its well earned rest.

And if you've switched to digital and looked back, as I did with the
early digicams, then good for you, as you clearly aren't comfortable to
make that switch.  However, I certainly don't criticize you for it, and
I expect the same courtesy from you.

> Me I've never been one to see the point in uploading captures from our
> anonymous ubiquitous digital third party cameras to the Leica users list.
===
Sorry if I inadvertently provoked you on a bad day, but fortunately our
host is far more tolerant.

Regards,

Mitch
Mitch Zeissler