Subject: [Leica] Coenen's interview on Asahi Camera
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Apr 22 11:38:17 2005

Joseph,
I see your point, but Leica conservatism still rules.
For a long time Leica did offer simplified versions at a lower price,
for example the M1 ,M2,  CL and the SLRs R4s  and R-E. Ok they weren't
cheaper than the cameras made by other companies but at least the idea
was there.
If only Leica had kept up the cooperation with Minolta and carried on
through CL to the CLE to CLE multi-metering, CLE-Digital etc etc.
It's still one of my favourite pseudo-Leicas, one of those cameras which
never gets old.
Douglas.