Subject: [Leica] Coenen's interview on Asahi Camera
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Fri Apr 22 11:41:11 2005

That's true in Chinese society, isn't it? I remember having a great deal of
difficulty to tell my family that, yes, while we can afford new clothes for
our children, it makes so much more sense to buy used clothes since they
grow up out it so fast... When I was growing up, we were so poor that you
passing down the clothes to another person in the family or to your friends
until there's no fabric left is the norm :-). So the stigma is "why
wouldn't nice clean clothes be in the store? Did something happen to the
child?" etc.

Of course with the Leica, if you find a 50 year old Leica, chances are that
the owner did finally go to the Big Leica store up there... :-)

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao) ([Leica] Coenen's interview on Asahi Camera)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Coenen's interview on Asahi Camera)
Message from joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao) ([Leica] Coenen's interview on Asahi Camera)