Subject: [Leica] OT Nikons new cameras
From: patrick at photo.net (Patrick (Washington, DC))
Date: Fri Apr 22 12:33:30 2005

Roger,

I do agree that the F100 is a wonderful machine, probably my favorite SLR
bar none, however, I?m
not sure that it compares to a Leica M + 35/2 ASPH in terms of picture
quality. I?ve compared both
and there is at least in my mind/view a lot better snap/pop to the Leica
images and better
contrast, resolution, bokeh and sharpness.  The other big (and often argued)
advantage is the
ability to do available low light and manual focusing accuracy.

I?ve used a F100 + 50/1.8 as a single lens travel package. It is versatile,
fast, accurate,
lovely, but it is no Leica M+35/2 ASPH in terms of
quietness/unobtrusiveness, low light capability
and punch in the output.

Cheers,

Patrick