Subject: [Leica] A First
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Apr 22 13:44:26 2005

There's a lot of work being done in the fuel-cell and similiar
technology spaces.

In the world of submarines it's called "Air Independent Propulsion".
There are many routes being explored, especially by EU nations.
Although the massive amount of electrical power needed by a submarine
for propulsion and operation isn't required for something like a car,
there is lots to be learned by building at the larger scale and then
working down.

New and more efficient solar cells are continuing to be developed with
both lower production costs and better conversion efficiency. And the
biologists might have some technology too in future decades.

In the short-run we just have to be more efficient and figure ways to
boot-strap to a different technology and different way of thinking.

I have serious doubts that the current administration in D.C. is
thinking at ALL so we'll have to do it in spite of them.

Adam

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] A First)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] A First)
Message from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter) ([Leica] A First)