Subject: [Leica] Ref:OT Nikons new cameras
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Sun Apr 24 15:47:37 2005

>The F100 killed the F5 sales. The F100 is Nikon's best film SLR. Unless you
> want to spend $2600 on the F6.
>
> Chris

Chris

I think not. The F5 sales figures have been on the level of the F pro Nikon
cameras. F100 is a advanced amateur not a pro however many pros had it as a
backup or even as a main camera but the building of the F5 is definitely
much more robust. In every feature the F5 is better camera excepting the red
illuminated focusing points that in the F5 are grey and more difficult of
seeing. I have not -yet- the F6 but I own two F, two F2 and one F3,F4 and F5
and the later is, by far, the best. Nikon optics are different from Leica
which does not mean every time worse.

Felix

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Ref:OT Nikons new cameras)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re:OT Nikons new cameras)