Subject: [Leica] OT: The Interpreter
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Apr 24 20:24:18 2005

 ?!!

> It is very good and worthwhile seeing BUT better than the original
> Manchurian Candidate? I don't think so!
>
> John Collier

I guess MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE is in a special category of not just intrigue.
But science fiction intrigue.
So a direct comparison is not quite good.
Although many I think think of it as a great example of political intrigue.
It does have that IPCRESS FILE fantasy thing in it.

While THE INTERPRETER was just pure political intrigue with a nice charter
background.
And I noticed some stuff which did not hang together myself.

The remake of Manchurian Candidate made me realize how over the top science
fiction fantasy the premise of the whole thing was.
A mother selling off her son to the Koreans, having him brainwashed and
turned into a human time bomb to create a better world with less democrats.
I think the premise didn't age well.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon