Subject: [Leica] Doing your Kid's Wedding
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Apr 28 06:28:46 2005

It doesn't matter who you are, how 'famous' you are as a wedding
photographer, or how friendly you are with the bride and groom - you are
'hired help' when it comes to weddings, and have to realize that going
in and cover yourself in every possible regard in a complete written
contract with who ever is hiring you - bride OR groom OR ONE parent of
bride OR groom. That contract not only has to specify what and how
you'll shoot, but has to include things such as when and how you'll be
fed. The problem is not so much that people are inconsiderate, it's that
weddings are complex, chaotic affairs, and it's very easy for things to
fall through the cracks. You of course need to specify things such as
who will serve as your 'guide,' working with you with a list of
attendees who 'must' be in some of the photos, and who will be the 'cat
herder,' rounding people up for formals - unless you want to be a cat
herder rather than a photographer.

B. D.