Subject: [Leica] Nikon D2X review
From: mcyclwritr at comcast.net (mcyclwritr@comcast.net)
Date: Mon May 9 18:00:11 2005

So, riddle me this:

If the D2X's standard crop (from full-frame 35mm) is 1.5X at 12mp, does the
crop factor, relative to angle of view, change when the busting-my-hump
speed/buffer selection is made and images are cropped by 50% to 6MP?

If so, am I now working with a 3X crop factor? Does my 100mm lens now cover
the real estate of a 200mm? Somehow, that doesn't very DSLR pro-ish.  I'm
sure there's some arcane, mathematical explanation. And anything much beyond
2+2=whatever is arcane for me.

Also, is Bjorn to Nikon as Irwin is to Leica?

I am gratified to read that Bjorn declares the D2X "...a pinnacle in terms
of imaging achievement...." Not merely the best for that particular instant
in time when he tested it, but the bestest of the best above which there can
be no betterment. A pinnacle.

Anybody wanna' buy a bunch of Canon and Leica crap? On Friday, of course.

Well, wait. With regard the "pinnacle," Bjorn did add, "...not every
photographer will be able to scale that obstacle."

Oh, it's an "obstacle?" Never mind.

-Chris Lawson